On the 16th of January 2014, the fashion legend that is Kate Moss turned 40. The supermodel has had a long and illustrious career – almost 3 decades long, in fact (and it isn’t over yet)! To celebrate the Croydon born model reaching this milestone (and yet still not looking a day over 30), we take a look back at some of her best ever facts and moments:
Amazing Kate Moss Facts & Moments
Still firmly a part of the fashion world, Miss Moss is still somewhat of a mystery to the British public. She regularly hides away from interviews, but instead of resenting her, the public, along with artists, designers, and sculptors seem to love her all the more for it.
- Miss moss was painted naked by Lucian Freud.
- She has been cast in gold by sculptor Marc Quinn.
- The model has been around for over 25 years, representing designers and high street brands.
- She was scouted at the tender age of 14 by a talent scout at JFK airport.
- 4 years later, Calvin Klein chose Kate to represent them on many adverts, and she shot to fame quickly afterwards.
- For the Calvin Klein campaign, Kate admits that she felt uncomfortable at just 18 straddling Marky Mark – and nearly had a nervous breakdown.
- Despite the near nervous breakdown Calvin Klein booked Kate again – and other designers followed their lead, like Versace, Rimmel, and Chanel!
- Kate got another big break when she was on the cover of ‘The Face’ in 1990.
- Kate had her own range at Topshop, selling items from dresses to swimming costumes.
- St Tropez snapped Kate up just last year in 2013, making her the bronzed face of their adverts.
- The model has appeared on more than 30 covers of fashion magazine Vogue and is popular with other fashion news magazines.
- Kate is naturally a brunette, but decided to go blonde in the 90’s and hasn’t looked back since.
- She’s had plenty of hairstyles to complement her look, including a pixie crop and a variety of wispy fringes!
- Kate has a half sister, Lottie Moss. Lottie has similar features to Kate, and people are even speculating whether Lottie has the potential to be the ‘new Kate’!
- Miss Moss had a 4 year long relationship with Johnny Depp. She admits that she cried for years when they broke up!
- Kate posed for the 60th anniversary edition of Playboy magazine to celebrate turning 40!
Kate has also been known in recent years for being a bit of a party animal, however, since having her daughter Lila Grace she’s calmed down quite a bit. Instead of going out a getting trashed to mark her 40th, she threw close friends and family a luncheon to celebrate (although she was spotted looking bleary eyed as she left). Famous guests included fellow models Naomi Campbell, and Jo wood. Even Radio 1 host Nick ‘Grimmy’ Grimshaw was invited to the bash, bringing two carefully wrapped presents with him. Kate left her meal with husband Jamie Hince and a boot full of goodies. Happy birthday Kate you lucky lady!